Welcome to the 2020 Nordic Open Championships with Wushu, Kung Fu, Tuishou, Taiji and Sanda, and to the Stockholm Kung fu Festival!
The competition is open for all individuals, regardless of federation, club or national affiliation.
Here is some practical info on
- Stockholm Kung Fu Festival Show
- registration and fees
- non-EU citizens visa requirements
- insurance policy
- competition system
- sightseeing & shopping
- … and additional links!
DATE & PLACE
December 4-6, 2020 in Stockholm, Sweden at venue Stockholmsmässan, Älvsjö.
SCHEDULE December 4-6
Day 1 – Dec 4
– Arrival day all athletes & judges
– Registration at venue, weigh in Sanda & Tuishou – 15:00–17:00*
– Try out the competition areas and training at venue –11:00–18:00
18:00 – Kung fu festival performances & opening ceremony
Day 2 – Dec 5
– Registration at venue, weigh in Sanda & Tuishou – 07:30–08:30*
– Competition – 09:00–18:00
– Dinner – 18:00–19:30
Day 3 – Dec 6
– Seminars with special invited guests – 09:00–11:30, 13.30-16:00
– Guided tour: Old Town & Christmas market – 12:00–14:00
– Departure – All day
The competition schedule will be published online after registration closes.
- Dinner at the venue on Saturday (price and reservation info will be updated!)
- Seminars on Sunday, at 15 EUR/person and seminar.
- Guided tour on Sunday: Old Town & Christmas market (price and reservation info will be updated!)
STOCKHOLM KUNG FU FESTIVAL SHOW
We welcome all teams and individuals to participate in the Stockholm Kung fu festival performance show.
Preferably a team program of 2–5 minutes, or individual performances 20 sec–40 sec.
To participate in the show, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a description of performance.
To be able for the organizer to set the program correctly, we need as accurate information as possible about the performance. The athletes must be aware of the timing and schedule in the performances, and that the organizer has the last word concerning the program and terms for participation.
REGISTRATION AND FEES
- The registration fee will be paid online by credit card upon registration
- For Taolu there is an additional 10 EUR per extra competition class.
- The registration fee is to be paid in advance online in the registration system, by credit card.
- Refunds can be made until November 1.
- Registration will open July 1, 2020
NON-EU CITIZENS VISA REQUIREMENTS
For participants from outside EU (from countries that requires visa for entering Sweden) we recommend applying through your official national Wushu federation. We can only send our invitation letter to such federations, not to individuals. To get an invitation letter (“formal visa-based invitation”), please ask your federation to email us at email@example.com with an application for all participants.
INSURANCE POLICY FOR NON-SWEDISH CITIZENS
Non-Swedish citizens need to have a vaild International insurance certificate for sports performance and travel, since the organizer is not responsible for any possible injuries, resulting in medical bills or hospital treatments. You will have to show this certificate upon registration on site. When you register online to the competition, you need to confirm the Waiver of liability.
Smoothcomp competition system will be used in all competitions. The score of each athlete will be announced on a monitor after each performance and published online. You can follow the competition live with starting times and results in your smartphone.
The venue is Stockholmsmässan (Stockholm International Fairs and Congress Centre), in Älvsjö, located in Stockholm City, and easily accessible by all local transportation. Direct commuter train from Arlanda International airport.
These are some suggestions for where to stay while in Stockholm, whether you prefer to stay close to the venue in Älvsjö, or in Södermalm (the inner city district closest to the venue, with a travel time of approx 10 minutes with commuter train from Södra Station, or taxi).
If you prefer the 4-star hotels, we would like to recommend either Hotel Scandic Malmen or Hotel Rival. They are both very likable, centrally located in busy restaurant & night life areas, and close to the commuter train station.
- Hostels and house boats in Södermalm
- 2-, 3- and 4-star hotels in or near Stockholm International Fairs and Congress Centre/Älvsjö (mostly in a walking distance from the venue)
- Budget option: On the tatamis in the club, Åsögatan 153 in Södermalm
If you are on a shoestring, we can offer you to stay in our club on tatamis for 15 EUR/night per person. Suitable for groups or individuals, up to 15 people per room. Two rooms available.
Please email us your interest in this option at firstname.lastname@example.org!
SIGHTSEEING & SHOPPING
Welcome to Stockholm! Sweden’s capital is one of the world’s most beautiful cities, built on fourteen islands. Lots of bridges, parks, castles and museums but also restaurants and nightclubs. And shopping! Stockholm has some of the nicest Christmas markets in the world.
We have arranged a guided Christmas tour on Sunday December 6, through the Old Town to shops and markets where you can warm yourself with glögg (mulled wine mined with raisins and almonds), gingerbread cookies, Christmas lights and glowing fires! 15 EUR/person.
Please email us your interest in this option or have other questions about your stay, at email@example.com!
- You don’t have to learn Swedish. Almost everyone in Sweden speaks (at least) English.
- In December the sun rises after 8 am and sets before 4 pm. Yay for Christmas lights!
- To find out if it’s going to be snow or slush, check out the weather forecast and bring appropriate clothes and shoes. Outside temperature can be 0 (Celsius) down to minus 20. It is always warm inside, so dress in layers!
- Info on passport and visa, currency and prices and much more