Updated December 1, 2021
Welcome to the 2021 Nordic Open Championships with Wushu, Kung Fu, Tuishou, Taiji and Sanda.
The competition is open for all individuals, regardless of federation, club or national affiliation.
Here is some practical info on
- Stockholm Kung Fu Festival Show
- Coaches and other team members
- registration and fees
- non-EU citizens visa requirements
- Covid pandemic information
- insurance policy
- competition system
- sightseeing & shopping
- … and additional links!
DATE & PLACE
Day 1 – Dec 3, Friday
– Arrival day (Sanda) all athletes & judges
– Registration & weigh in Sanda (first option) at Motel L – 16:30–19:00
Day 2 – Dec 4, Saturday
– Arrival day (Taolu)
– Venue opening times: 8:00-18:00
– Registration at venue. Weigh in Sanda(second option) 08:00–09:30, Push hands 9:30-10:00
– Registration Taolu – all day
– Competition Sanda – 12:00 – 17:00
– Superfinals & performances – 16:30
Day 3 – Dec 5, Sunday
– Opening hours venue 08:00-17:00
– Competition Taolu – 09:00–15:30
REGISTRATION AND FEES
- The entry fee is 35 EUR.
- For Taolu there is an additional 10 EUR per extra competition class.
- The registration fee is to be paid in advance in the online in the registration system Smoothcomp, by credit card.
- Cancellation for 100% refunds can be made until November 6.
- Registration is open!
- Register for the competition here!
- (All other cost for travveling and staying etc is taken by the participating teams).
ENTRY FOR COACHES AND OTHER TEAM MEMBERS
Participating athletes have free access to the venue.
Coaches and other team members will get free entry to the competition venue accordingly:
- 1-2 competitors – 1 coach
- 3-5 competitors – 2 coaches
- 6-9 competitors – 3 coaches
- < 10 competitors – 4 coaches
Required: The names of the coaches including club/team name should be sent by email after registration of the athletes to:
NON-EU CITIZENS VISA REQUIREMENTS
For participants from outside EU (from countries that requires visa for entering Sweden) we recommend applying through your official national Wushu federation. We can only send our invitation letter to such federations, not to individuals. To get an invitation letter (“formal visa-based invitation”), please ask your federation to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with an application for all participants. However, right now there is entry ban for all citizens outside EU/EES region, and special regulations may apply (se below for travel restrictions from the Swedish authorities).
INSURANCE POLICY FOR NON-SWEDISH CITIZENS
Non-Swedish citizens need to have a valid International insurance certificate for sports performance and travel, since the organizer is not responsible for any possible injuries, resulting in medical bills or hospital treatments. You will have to show this certificate upon registration on site.
When you register online to the competition, you need to confirm the Waiver of liability for entering the competition.
COVID PANDEMIC INFORMATION (updated 21-12-01)
We strongly recommend full Covid-19 vaccination and Covid-19 vaccination pass for all senior travellers and participants. As all are aware of, the situation and regulations are a subject of changes and updates.
As for December 1, all public visitors over 18 years old must provide a valid vaccination certificate when entering the arena. However, this does not include athletes, coaches, judges or staff.
The entering regulations to Sweden can be summarized like this (updated 21-12-01).
For entering Sweden(border crossing) you need for all persons over 6 years old:
Certificate of Negative covid test (max 72 hours old)
EU-valid Covid vaccination pass
Certificate of already having Covid as infection and recovered (valid certificates, see below).
See travel information from the Swedish authorities here regarding the entering rules to Sweden here.
Smoothcomp competition system will be used in all competitions. The score of each athlete will be announced on a monitor after each performance and published online. You can follow the competition live with starting times and results in your smartphone.
The venue is Fryshuset Arean, located in Södermalm, Stockholm City, and easily accessible by local transportation.
Suggestions to stay while in Stockholm, whether you prefer to stay close to the venue or in Södermalm (the inner city district closest to the venue, with a travel time of approx 10 minutes with commuter train or taxi).
Recommended event hotel stay
We can recommend our two special event hotels with good prices, where you get special rates (15% discount) and booking conditions:
Located just by the venue on 2 minutes walking distance. 2-4 bed rooms, breakfast included. 2 minutes walk to the venue, and 10 minutes walk to the central parts of Södermalm. Free cancelation upon check in-date.
Online booking only, use booking code: TAWK2021
Central located on downtown Södermalm, busy area with many restaurants and bars etc, and only 10 min with public transportation or 20 minute walk to the venue. Many different room types for up to 4 persons. Breakfast included.
Free cancellation up to 48 hours before arrival date.
For booking with best price at Mosebacke hostel, please send email directly to the hostel, and tell that you are participating in the Nordic Open Wushu Championships! You can also call them.
Phone: +46 8 641 64 60
If you prefer the 4-star hotels, we would like to recommend either Hotel Scandic Malmen or Clarion Hotel. They are both very likable, centrally located in busy restaurant & night life areas, and pretty close to the venue.
SIGHTSEEING & SHOPPING
Welcome to Stockholm! Sweden’s capital is one of the world’s most beautiful cities, built on fourteen islands. Lots of bridges, parks, castles and museums but also restaurants and nightclubs. And shopping! Stockholm has some of the nicest Christmas markets in the world.
- You don’t have to learn Swedish. Almost everyone in Sweden speaks (at least) English.
- In December the sun rises after 8 am and sets before 4 pm. Yay for Christmas lights!
- To find out if it’s going to be snow or slush, check out the weather forecast and bring appropriate clothes and shoes. Outside temperature can be 0 (Celsius) down to minus 20. It is always warm inside, so dress in layers!
- Info on passport and visa, currency and prices and much more