Updated Nov. 19, 2022
Welcome to the 4th Nordic Open Wushu Championships 2022 with Wushu, Kung Fu, Tuishou, Taiji and Sanda!
The competition is open for all individuals, regardless of federation, club or national affiliation.
Here is some practical info on
- Stockholm Kung Fu Festival Show
- coaches and other team members
- registration and fees
- non-EU citizen visa requirements
- insurance policy
- competition system
- sightseeing & shopping
- … and additional links!
DATE & PLACE
December 2–4, 2022 in Stockholm, Sweden.
Competition day is December 3.
Dec 2, Friday
– Arrival day all athletes & judges
– Venue opening times 11:00–18:00
– Registration & weigh in Sanda (first option) 16:30–19:00
– Training at venue 13:00–20:00
Dec 3, Saturday
– Venue opening times 08:00–18:00
– Registration at venue and weigh in Sanda (second option) 08:00-09:00.
– Competitions 09:00–18:00
Dec 4, Sunday
REGISTRATION AND FEES
- The entry fee is 35 EUR.
- For Taolu there is an additional 10 EUR per extra competition class.
- The registration fee is to be paid in advance in the online registration system Smoothcomp, by credit card.
- Cancellation for 100% refunds can be made until November 6.
- Registration is open!
- Register for the competition here!
ENTRY FOR COACHES AND OTHER TEAM MEMBERS
Participating athletes and teams and team observers have free access to the venue.
National coaches and other team members have free entry to the competition venue according to these requirements:
- 1–2 competitors: 1 coach
- 3–5 competitors: 2 coaches
- 6–9 competitors: 3 coaches
- <10 competitors: 4 coaches
All coaches, club/team and visitors names should be sent by email after registration of the athletes to firstname.lastname@example.org
NON-EU CITIZENS VISA REQUIREMENTS
For participants from outside EU (from countries that require visa for entering Sweden) we recommend applying through your official national Wushu federation. We can only send our invitation letter to such federations, not to individuals. To get an invitation letter (“formal visa-based invitation”), please ask your federation to email us at email@example.com with an application for all participants.
INSURANCE POLICY FOR NON-SWEDISH CITIZENS
Non-Swedish citizens need to have a valid International insurance certificate for sports performance and travel, since the organizer is not responsible for any possible injuries, resulting in medical bills or hospital treatments. You will have to show this certificate upon registration on site.
When you register online to the competition, you need to confirm the Waiver of liability for entering the competition.
See travel information from the Swedish authorities here regarding the entering rules to Sweden here.
Smoothcomp competition system will be used in all competitions. The score of each athlete will be announced on a monitor after each performance and published online. You can follow the competition live with starting times and results in your smartphone. Register here!
Suggestions to stay while in Stockholm, whether you prefer to be close to the venue, or in Södermalm (the inner city district closest to the venue, with a travel time of approx. 10 minutes with commuter train or taxi).
Recommended event hotel
We recommend our special main event hotel: Motel-L, Älvsjö
Best location 500 m from the venue, very good special rates (only available until November 2):
- Stylish Twin Room 1–2 persons (separate beds): 825 SEK per room/night including breakfast
- Stylish Twin Room Twin 3 persons (separate beds): 1015 SEK per room/night including breakfast. Extra bed may be possible, total 4 persons.
Central location in downtown Södermalm, busy area with many restaurants and bars etc, and only 10 min with public transportation or 20 minute walk to the venue. Many different room types for up to 4 persons. Breakfast included. Free cancellation up to 48 hours before arrival date.
For booking with best price at Mosebacke hostel, please send email directly to the hostel, and tell that you are participating in the Nordic Open Wushu Championships! You can also call them: +46 8 641 64 60
If you prefer the 4-star hotels, we would like to recommend Hotel Scandic Malmen, Hotel Rival or Clarion Hotel. They are all very likable, centrally located in busy restaurant & night life areas, and not too far from the venue.
SIGHTSEEING & SHOPPING
Welcome to Stockholm! Sweden’s capital is one of the world’s most beautiful cities, built on fourteen islands. Lots of bridges, parks, castles and museums but also restaurants and nightclubs. And shopping! Stockholm has some of the nicest Christmas markets in the world.
- You don’t have to learn Swedish. Almost everyone in Sweden speaks English and sometimes other languages.
- In December the sun rises after 8 am and sets before 4 pm. Yay for Christmas lights!
- To find out if it’s going to be snow or slush, check out the weather forecast and bring appropriate clothes and shoes. Outside temperature can be 0 (Celsius) down to minus 20. It is always warm inside, so dress in layers!
- Info on passport and visa, currency and prices and much more